Fall begins with a celebration of Harlem as a mecca for all people.We are happy to add The Total West Harlem Immersion, tickets are here for this event – TICKETS HERE. The Total West Harlem Immersion by Brooklyn Based and Brooklyn Brewery. On Sept. 16, explore West Harlem’s best bars, cafes and creative spaces during the Total West Harlem Immersion, a neighborhood-wide, pop-up party–which happens to coincide with the Harlem Art Stroll!
HARLEM ARTS STROLL
Beginning at Calabar Gallery at 12 noon, Harlem Arts Stroll will feature:
Calabar Gallery. 2504 Frederick Douglass Boulevard (@134th Street), New York, NY 10030, (646) 964-5062, email@example.com.
- All Day: Conversations in Patterns, Textiles, Figures and Portraits: IFY CHIEJINA AND JAMILLA OKUBO, An exhibition that speaks to the process of art by Kenyan American artist Jamilla Okubo and Nigerian American artist Ify Chiejina. Also in the gallery, the work of sculptor Nakazzi Hutchinson.
- TEA PHILOSOPY: Join us for a TEA TASTING AND LIVING WITH TEA with Verna L. Hamilton.Based in Harlem, Verna L. Hamilton is a prolific writer, a clear communicator, an engaging speaker, and an unapologetic tea aficionado. Fueled by a passion for everything tea, she combines grace and wit while educating others about tea history, its customs and the cultures around the world tea represents. Ms. Hamilton is an alumna of Florida A&M University (FAMU)’s School of Business & Industry and earned her Master of Marketing Research at The University of Georgia’s Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies. She lives in New York.
- Neighborhood Women’s Collective, 2494 Frederick Douglass Blvd, New York, NY 10030, (914) 257-3635, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12pm – 7pm: Artist – Jessica Dixon. Opening – ~Refreshments Served~Exhibit on view. Open Wednesday- Friday 12:00-6:00pm, Saturday, 12:00- 7:00pm and Sunday 12:00-6:00pm
- Jessica attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. After years focused on designing clothes for people, she realized her strength was in drawing and painting art inspired by fashion and her creator, God. When her parents, artists themselves, opened a new church Jessica painted a picture of an angel to be hung in the sanctuary. One angel inspired her entire new collection, a series of paintings inspired by Jesus and angels. Her goal is to bring people closer to God through her art, to uplift and for God to speak through her art. She resides in Brooklyn with her son Peace and loving husband.
The Gadson Gallery, 225 West 134th street (between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. & Frederick Douglass Blvd), New York NY 10030, 212-694-0262. email@example.com
1pm – 6pm: Art in the Garden featuring Laura R Gadson – Wearable Fiber Fabulosity, Quilts & more. Shimoda Accessories- Beaded Elegance & Adornments and More
Strivers Garden Gallery, 300 West 135 Street, New York, NY 10027
- 12pm-4PM: Strivers Gardens Gallery and Diaspora Now Inc. present
Artists Talk and Closing Reception: Saturday, September 16, 12 –4 pmArtists JAVA and Alfred Weekes will discuss their work and process with curator Anderson M. Pilgrim
Contact Info: 646-267-8831 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I, Too Arts Collective 20 East 127th Street [between Fifth and Madison Avenues]
- 2PM-4PM: Inter-generational Poetry Workshop at the Langston Hughes House. Website; www.itooarts.com; email@example.com; Instagram: @i_too_arts; Twitter: @ITooArts; FaceBook: I Too Arts Collective
La Maison d’Art: 259 West 132nd Street, New York, NY 10027, (718) 593-4108, firstname.lastname@example.org, website: lamaisondartny.com
Arts Horizons LeRoy Neiman Art Center, 2785 Frederick Douglass Boulevard (at 148th Street) New York, NY 10039, (212) 862-2787, email@example.com
Shabazz Communications Inc., P.O. Box 3631, New York, NY 10027; Telephone: 646. 396. 3800; Website: www.shabazzcommunications.com
Overview: Event Production • Media Relations • Public Relations • E•Blasts
• Award Ceremony / Gala Production
• E Blast marketing
• Media consultancy
• Sponsor management
• Panel / Talkback Production
• Red Carpet Production
• Conference Production On-Site Conference Management
• Press Conference Production
• Viral Press Conferences
• Registration Coordination
• Script/ Rundown writing
• Pre – registration logistics
• Vendor purchasing & management
The Young Brown Collective Inc. (The YBC) acts as an ambassador, advisor, advocate and benefactor to small businesses and communities of color. As a collective, we seek to build a platform that connects and unifies various industries that add value and equity to our communities and small businesses within in the New York Tri-state area.”Communities Supporting Communities”, YBC’s Mission is accomplished through our four goals: Serve, Connect, Create and Build. SERVE within our communities; CONNECT with one another in a meaningful and impactful way; CREATE opportunities to invest in our communities; BUILD partnerships and relationships that will add value and equity to our communities. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.theyoungbrowncollective.org. IG @theyoungbrowncollective
TART ARTIST COLLECTIVE is an intersectional feminist and anti-racist art collective in NYC. Website: http://tartnyc.org Email: email@example.com
Leave a Reply